Friday, July 25, 2008

Drained on Friday

So it is Friday and I am trying very hard to wrap myself up in my plans for my 25 year reunion this weekend. It will be nice to see some old friends but I am kind of drained. I had some not so great news I felt was coming the other day when I spoke to my sister after she spoke to the doctor currently treating mom with the "Radial Therapy" it would seem that according to the doctor we are going to be on a downward spiral after this. Now, mind you, I am still hopeful but it doesn't look great and as such I need to plan accordingly so. She will be finishing up treatment in Spokane, and then flying here to stay with her Mom. She is doing some chemo every week as well and both are touted as basically the last treatments we can do. I have made arrangements for her sister and her husband to fly from Tennessee to Spokane on the 8th of August and then the three of them will leave on a flight out on the 11th. Once here, they will all stay at my grandmother’s house in St. Petersburg. I had a long talk with her yesterday to make certain she understood the circumstances, and to find out what she would like to do. I think we are going to have a nurse stay at the house full time and my Gram will use my Mom’s half of my Gram’s inheritance to her to pay for it. This will continue for awhile until my Mom basically slips mentally away and then we will move her into hospice for her remaining days where she will undoubtedly need special care at that point. I will need to see if we can get a continuation of her cobra care when it expires in September and if we can then great if we can’t then I don’t have a clue. I am going to call Ceridian this morning and see where we stand with that and go from there. Mom doesn’t turn 65 until December 28th and right now that seems like a long way away…

No comments: