Monday, October 27, 2008

settling

okay well I am settling into my world again. I went this morning and had a new doctor take a look at what is wrong with my left foot. For the past few months I have been enduring a sharp pain in the upper metatarsal portion of my foot. I asked my primary care doctor about it and he refereed me to the podiatrist next door to him she game me a curt diagnosis or arthritis. I felt in my gut that she was full of shit but wanted to get a second opinion. Thankfully, this doctor was wonderful and thorough and he even let me watch as he shoved a 4" long needle into my foot. Seems I have Morton's Neuroma which is common in dancers after we stop dancing and is due to changing footwear and stress on my foot. Basically the toe bones are rolling and crushing into the nerve on my foot which is why I get a "toothache" sharp pain. He even gave me a cut sheet with diagrams and such so I could best explain it at work and to my Friends. Gotta love people who love their job! I have to go back for a follow-up next week so I keep you posted.

This weekend I had Miranda and we spent the weekend like most family's do, basically doing our own thing. I must say sleeping in and playing on the computer is EXACTLY what I needed. *Sigh* A few more weeks and I will be good I think. I am playing a game called "Mount & Blade" made by a couple in Poland. You can google it but basically it is a really cool open ended game which is why I dig it. I was turned on to it by my Brother-in-law and now I am hooked.

I tried to watch the World Series last night after the Bucs screwed up their game and the Rays fared no better, I turned it off in like the 3rd inning when it was 4-1. I understand now that Tampa Bay sucked all around thsi weekend with losses by The Rays, Buc, Lightning, and Bulls.

Tonight is Card night and I can't wait I hope to have a full house tonight!

I need to mow the grass so bad but I didn't feel like spoiling the weekend with yard work. It needs it bad. As I left for the doctor's this morning I noticed that Verizon was once again destroying my yard. Last week when putting in Fios in my neighborhood they systematically took out my electrical, cable, water and sprinkler lines. Gotta love. I even made them pay for a plumber to come and check out my system there was 2 cups of sand in my hot water heater which I drained personally as the plumber would not do it. He did however replace all the aerators on my faucets. what a huge difference! if you live in an area with hard water then I would suggest just unscrewing the aerators off and doing it yourself at home depot or lowes. It was an easy thing to do and you can begin to imagine what a difference it makes in water pressure. It seemed like a miracle. coupled with the lime and deposits the sand virtually rendered my faucets useless. Now they work great!

That's it for now, back to work

No comments: