Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ground Hog's Day

Okay so we drove home and on the way I went through a Checkers drive through and got mom and vanilla shake. I got a banana and chocolate shake for myself. Then we drove to the CVS right by the house so I could get her compression socks and her pain medicine what I failed to remember is that Mom uses Walgreens for her prescriptions. In my head I was thinking CVS because of proximity and the fact that the place is 24 hours. Luckily the pharmacist was bored and she said it didn’t matter and so we just had to wait a few minutes and it was filled. I then took Mom home and we crashed. I was able to get in a few hours before the first calls came in. None of the calls last night were for potty breaks which was great but I was still exhausted from the adventure. We got up this morning at 6am and she would not go back to sleep until 9am then se slept till like 2pm. Kim made us a wonderful lunch I had ham and provolone on toasted rye with tomatoes and cheetoes and mom had ham rollups, sliced tomato wedges, cheese and cheetoes. She had like 3 cheetoes and started coughing really bad, that turned into chocking, back to coughing some spitting up then I noticed when sitting her up that she seemed to have crackle in her chest. That was enough of a signal for me. I got dressed and with the help of Teeny and Kim getting Mom ready in sweats to keep warm we headed back here to the ER. They have now taken blood and a chest x-ray all while I watching the dinky TV in the mini waiting room with her seeing the Bucs win. She has been napping in between visits.

A nurse came in and although cute she was the kind of person that can’t look at you while you speak and tries her hand at multitasking but fails miserably asking questions about topics I answered on the question previous. I find that very frustrating. Mom is now asleep and we were told it would be a couple of hours for results. So I called Kim and left a VM and I called Gram and let her know what was up. The ER doctor came in just now, the same one from last night and she said the x-ray showed Mom actually has a dislocated left should which accounts for the pain she has been having on that side. She said it is not a huge deal since she is unable to move it but to me it seems significant. She said she would inform Dr. Morales. She also said most of Mom’s crackle has cleared but she is still coughing which I don’t like. We shall see what they say.

No comments: