Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sigh

So I did sleep in a bit today, guilty as charged. But I was stewing a bit on a personal matter that I can’t share with you. In addition, it gets hot quick and hot is not how I want to sleep. Plus, I have things I want to accomplish today. I have errands to run, prescriptions for mom to pick up,  I have to get to Lowes to find out what the colors are for the new look of Pacific Wave, one of my clients for websites. I also need to get some cleaning supplies and work a bit on the bathtubs. Pick up some milk, and soap. A strange combination I know, but I have free coupons. I also got my free Progresso chicken broth today so I have to figure out what dish to make to use that. I need to find and book an appointment for myself to see a foot doctor. My left foot is still bugging me.

I spoke to  Gram this morning as the nurse changed up Moms blood thinner to only have her take like one every other day or something and she wanted to know what it was called. Then my mom called and asked the same thing or rather handed the phone to Debra so that I could tell her. She also inquired again as to where her straw hat was that we just bought for her. I told her again it was next to her on top of the PC monitor in her room. She had Debra show her that it was there. This reminded me to call my cousin. I spoke with him and asked him to give mom a call as she now associates the hat with him since we got it when we took our trip to Tarpon. He said he will during his lunch break. That will be nice for her.

It’s really strange although I have freedom associated with my work it “feels” like I have no time in my world or money for that matter to complete anything. Mom’s big other goal beside Cirque du Soliel was for her to see Mount Rushmore. I would love to take her but preliminary cost analysis puts at around $550 a person for a 3 day trip. Frommers says the best time to go is now in September/October. Sometimes it sucks to be middle class. I have already rung up my credit on my equity line and some credit cards. It’s Frustrating.

On a good financial note I had the foresight to move my entire 401k into a bond so when the market tanked 500 points the other day I was unscathed. In fact I made back $5k of my $23k loss I took this year.  I like the fact that I am pretty good at this I wish I had money to invest on the side I know I could turn a profit.

Well I am off, I just finished uploading the album of our adventure:



Taking Mom to Tarpon Springs for dinner

No comments: