Saturday, September 13, 2008

ratatouille

Well we just finished watching the movie and surprisingly gram watched it in mom's room with us. We all managed to sit in there and watch it. With about a few dozen breaks for cigarettes and lunch and potty breaks and such but hey we did it and mom managed to stay awake for most of it. I am pretty proud of her for that. I went this morning and got a sonogram and the good news according to the tech is that my major vitals all look good. my kidneys, gallbladder, pancreas and esophagus all look good with no abnormalities. i picked up a bunch of soda for grams house and I bought some resolve for potty accidents and an air freshener that runs on batteries that squirts every few seconds and I bought lavender moms favorite. I have her on her side and when we move the extremities that are paralyzed she cries and complains of the pain because she doesn’t normally move them and her muscles then hurt. It pains me to watch but it is a necessary evil. She asked for a Tylenol and I gave her one and during it she started to rant about how one of her caregivers says she doesn’t take her pills and when I corrected her, reminding her that just earlier during lunch she spit out and fought with me taking her pills she didn’t remember. That is one of the most frustrating things and if I didn’t have the strength it would be quite a challenge to overcome, forcing her to take her pills. Without her pills we would have seizures and she would also have rectal spasms that cause her a great amount of pain so not taking them is not an option.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Gram quickly made her way back into her easy chair in the family room to watch the news on the hurricane hitting <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Texas right now. She, like Kim get really obsessed with such things, which seems so very impractical to me.

Scott and I took mom and the dogs for a walk before the movie up to the park and around the block basically it was, of course, nice and hot which was good as Mom is always complaining that she is cold like her mother and we were able to get her in some sun which I always think is a good idea for almost everyone now and again.

We have about an hour to go until we will pack everyone up and head up to Babalu for dinner. I’m not hungry at the moment but we shall see. I brought my new love with me from the house for tonight’s drinking pleasure. It’s called Bulleit and it is a Kentucky bourbon. It is fairly inexpensive at $20 and the taste is wonderful on the rocks or with Coke.

Well back to my game I hope Kim is feeling better I’m going to check with her later to see if she is up to meeting us for dinner….

No comments: