Monday, August 11, 2008

day one

Okay so today is the big day when mom flies in at 4:30pm. We have done loads of preparation. Kim and Devorah cleaned Gram’s house. We had Gram’s carpet cleaned. Devorah purchased a couple of air cleaners/purifiers from the thrift store and I bout an expensive top-o-line Sears one for right behind Gram’s chair where she sits and smokes. The neighbor mowed the lawn. I bought a mosquito destroyer and deployed it on Gram’s back porch which I also blew the leaves off. We had a hospital bed installed, I bought a 22” HDTV and my company graciously has donated the bill for it. We have a potty chair, a patient lifter, and a transfer seat for the tub all courtesy of my friend Tracy. Bill and I built wheelchair ramps yesterday and late last night at the front door and inside to get into the family room. We have had the little air conditioner and fans on for 3 days. Kim made doctor’s appointments and arranged for a grant with the state or city I can’t remember which, for any additional special needs equipment. I have changed all the address information for the bills. It’s like a checklist only crazier! I am sure we will be making adjustments here and there and I will keep you posted. In the meantime I need to go get some lunch, go to Lowes and pay the bill and pick up some carpet tape for the carpet on the ramps. I also want to staple them down some more. I guess that’s about it for now.

No comments: