Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday Night (early)

I am watching the Olympics currently featuring women's marathon with my mom after going through a pretty monumental effort to get mom into the bathroom so she could enjoy a shower. She was really scared of having a seizure and of falling in the tub etc. I basically had to carry her in and put her onto the tub chair. My grandmother's house is very old and so the bathroom and tub are quite small. But somehow I managed and mom is happy and thankful and I feel pretty good about it. We are now watching what I recorded so that I can wiz through the commercials. Kim brought the dogs over and both of them have managed to get comfortable lying on Mom in her bed as we watch. I think it really brings her some comfort as they nestle in, on and around her. Kim is at Gigi’s Restaurant working tonight and will come back here to spend the night so she can take mom to church tomorrow. I’m still very tired but I know that I will live. I hope that I get great news on Monday and that I will find that Mom’s insurance will pay for a home heath care aide for much needed 24 hour care. This is also birthday week in my family tomorrow is my sister’s and her husband’s, the 18th is Miranda’s Mom’s, then My Aunt’s (she will still be here in town) then mine. On the 21st is my friend Mike’s and my uncle is on the 24th. Now we are watching the men’s 100 which is the world’s fastest man contest basically and man it is amazing! Bolt from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Jamaica almost broke the Olympic record off by .01 and he practically jogged it! The next heat includes two world record holders with two Americans. Can you tell I like this stuff!? I hope we have a good night tonight I  just gave Mom her sleeping pill it’s 11pm and she just stated she’s hungry so I am going to forage for something small for her to eat….

No comments: