Wednesday, August 27, 2008

humpday?

So it’s already Wednesday and I have now had two nights of sleep in my bed. It feels great to be rested but the injury to my back really made it difficult to get settled last night. I ended up having to take a painkiller to relax enough to pass out. The daytime caregiver although, adequate  does not have the same attitude or willingness to do the job as our overnight person and went so far as to tell Kim that she would not work over 40 hours after we called her out on the fact that we will not have to pay overtime for her services. The shift is a 60 hour shift and she tried to say we would be paying overtime which according to the agency we do not have to do and the agency then called her to straighten it out. I think she is now bitter, and quite frankly I do not have the patience to deal with stuff like that so I called the agency that brought us the first girl and they are referring a guy named Dave that would welcome the 60 hour shift. I also got a referral from the overnight girl for one of her friends that does the work as well but she is an independent and although I am headed there to meet her right now even if I like her, I will only use her for extra coverage on the weekends or relief of the other two as I want the insurance, liability and stuff for protection. I will meet the guy Dave later on this after noon hopefully and if he is as good as he sounds then I will have him start tomorrow. Mom just called to tell me she had street clothes on which I guess for her seemed exciting.

Well I just met with Barbara and she produced letters of recommendation from 1989, and 1980! When I asked if she had any others she said something about her not thinking I would need to see them or something like that. Then I asked her if she had her nursing card since she claimed she was an RN and a CAN and she had neither with her… hmmm a bit suspicious so I had her transfer mom to the potty cause she had to go and she did an “ok” job with the transfer nothing great and she apologized along the way saying she had never been watched before… more suspicion. SO, looks like she is a dud. Then I got a call back from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Lynn at Guardian Angel and the dude Dave that she met with turns out to be 60 years old. Which I guess is not an issue but it seems a little weird. I called him after I spoke with her to get a gut feeling on the guy and she said he had excellent references so what the heck, and it went to voicemail. Lol – figures… I told her to still be on the lookout and I called her back and she said he had just called to verify my number since it is an 813 number. Anyway I guess he will call me back and I will meet with him shortly. In the meantime mom is in the wheelchair munchin on mixed nuts and pulling all the almonds out like she is on a treasure hunt. It’s kind of cute and she says she is tired but she has been up again all night so I’m keeping her awake. Ok, just got off the phone with Dave I will meet with him and then an hour after that I will meet with a Debra. We will see how it goes I am hopeful. Okay well Dave a 60 year old guy wit 10 year experience had a nice personality and reference letters and such but is only a Home Health Aide and does not have his CAN to back it up which makes me nervous. The next candidate up will be here at 6 so I have about an hour to kill. It’s hot in here as always and my grandmother can’t tell…. Mom’s best friend Fay is over visiting which is nice and mom is in bed hopefully not falling asleep on her. I truly hope that the next candidate works out.

No comments: