Thursday, August 28, 2008

siezure

Okay so last night Kim and I decided to go play some trivia and drink some beer at the local sports bar right around the corner from the house. We had been there for about 20 minutes when a call came in from Gram's house it was the nighttime caregiver Arlene and she said mom just had a seizure and she was panicked. I thanked her for calling and asked for my Mom. Mom was definitely scared but I assured her she was fine and that the seizure was normal and that she was a very brave woman and sent her hugs and stuff and she seemed fine. As a precautionary measure I called her best friend to have her call Mom and talk for a few which should relax her. I didn’t sleep much last night tossing and turning with nightmares and the regurge/gas from the not so great draft beer we drank. Then at 7 I awoke to a phone call from Arlene again saying Mom was out of paper pants I instructed her to look in the closet as I had purchased an entire case from Sam’s. She also told me Mom just went to sleep and she had been up all night. So that means that the sleep aid Ambien is not working and she is probably fighting sleeping because of a fear of dying if she falls asleep (just a hunch). Kim had sinus trouble this morning and I was very groggy but I got up and did some bills and checked email and such and now I am typing this… My friend Tracy called and she has a larger portable potty for Mom that might make it easier for her to wipe. I will try to get that today from her. I called the painter who is going to come by and do some touch up work and paint my new doors and scheduled with him for next Wednesday. Don’t know if I can make that but I needed to get him to commit so I can get it finished. I hate open ended projects. I think I will have some cereal in a bit if we have any milk. I am also going to work up an agenda for our trip this weekend and perhaps I will play some dungeons and dragons online to “get away” who knows.

No comments: