Tuesday, August 19, 2008

miracle

Okay its a miracle! I GOT SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!! Yee-haw I didn't give mom her PM meds last night and just gave her, her sleeping pill at 10pm and she slept from then until 12:30 then we were up. We did manage to get 4 hours of sleep then we got up to potty then we slept for four more then we were up with another potty trip then back to sleep for about a half and hour then she was up for another potty trip, then some TV then another potty trip etc but it was the 2 four hour sleep that I really care about. Then I got news from Kim that the company she had contacted had agreed to have a split shift of 8pm-8am with one caregiver and then 8am-8pm with another. The care will run $14.50 an hour which is reasonable compared to most other services. But it still means even with me covering Friday nights, all day Saturday and Sunday days that the total will be $1740 a week or $6960 a month. I also have Kim running leg work on checking places like nursing homes and such but the cost on those ranges from $5600 to $6000 a month. Seems like it sucks either way…

No comments: